1. Add oatmeal, protein and cinnamon to a food processor or a powerful blender. Mix until you get a fine, powder-like flour.
2. Add pitted dates, nut butter and whey. Note: I soaked my dates in water for 5 minutes before mixing them to soften them and make them easier to mix. Pulse until the mixture is sticky and thick.
3. Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The smaller the tin, the thicker (taller) your bars will be. So, select the size that corresponds to the desired thickness. Spread it evenly on the sheet and pat / crush. Place it in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
4. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 to 2 minutes until melted. Remove the tray from the freezer and spread the melted chocolate evenly over the oatmeal and protein mixture.
5. Place in the freezer for 1 hour (or in the refrigerator for 2 hours), then remove and cut into portions.