These waffles would make for a delicious lunch!
Here is my protein waffle recipe.
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup of almond flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 scoop of BNI chocolate-caramel whey isolate
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cup of almond milk
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla
How to Prepare:
* In a bowl, combine the flours, protein and baking powder.
* In another bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix everything together.
* Add the dry ingredients to the liquids and mix. There shouldn’t be any lumps of flour.
* Preheat the waffle iron. Pour ½ cup of the mixture and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until nicely golden in color.
Serve hot and with your favourite toppings.
Marie-Pier Charette Crête